Wednesday, March 12, 2008

IPL: I Will Be Rooting For Kolkatta Knight Riders


Now that the inaugural IPL season is just round the corner and a flurry of teams (there are around 8 teams) trying to catch the public imagination, the hype and the craze is unparalled. Well, I would directly like to come to the point. I would be rooting for the Kolkatta Knight Riders. And no I am not from Kolkatta as you might have expected. I am from Hyderabad. But hey, Hyderabad too has got an IPL team but still I am not supporting the Hyderabadi team and do u know why? Coz Andrew Symonds (the playerI hate the most) is playing for Hyderabad.
So then why have I opted for Kolkatta Knight Riders(KKR)? Because of two reasons. The first one is that the owner of KKR is my favourite actor SRK and secondly it has Ishant Sharma(my fav bowler). So just can't wait for the season to begin from April 20. And I sincerely hope that KKR win this tournament, but I know it will be hard coz Mohali and Hyderabad teams are also well balanced. But the bottom line is that the coach of KKR is John Buchnan(the same person who took australian cricket to the heights of invincibility), so KKR does enjoy some kind of Edge over others and I hope this edge carries and KKR emerges the winner.
By the way the team of KKR after the second round of IPL auction is as follows:-
Team name: Kolkatta Knight Riders
Dress: Black and Gold
Owner: Shah Rukh Khan
Team:
1-Sourav Ganguly(Captain,India)
2-Ricky Ponting-Australia
3-Ishant Sharma-India
4-Chris Gayle-West Indies
5-Brendon McCullum-New Zealand
6-David Hussey-Australia
7-Shoaib Akhtar-Pakistan
8-Umar Gul-Pakistan
9-Salman Butt-Pakistan
10-Mohammed Hafeez-Pakistan
11-Murali Karthik-India
12-Ajit Agarkar-India
13-Tatenda Taibu-Zimbabwe
14-Iqbal Abdullah-India
15-Siddharth Kaul-India

No comments: