Sunday, January 17, 2010

Farewell to college life and not to Friendship !!!

Main Toh Tanha Nikal Padha Tha Raah - E- Manzil Par,
Lekin Raaste Mein Dost Milte Gaye Aur Karwan Banta Gaya...


In all probability this is the last post of my MBA life. I am currently experiencing a rush of diverse emotions as I try to put my thoughts into this post.

Two years back when I landed in Bangalore for the first time, I was very sad as it was the first time I was going away from my family and I being the eldest amongst my siblings was the most pampered child. I thought that the succeeding two years of my life in MBA would be the worst, but now I am literally chewing up my words. These two years was the most life altering phase of my life.

Today I was very reluctant to go to the farewell party but was cajoled into going by my roomie Baba (Harshit). As I entered the audi, the feeling began to ink in that this was the last celebration in our college or maybe in my beautiful student life.

There were all my friends around be who were dancing and frolicking in joy abandon. As I stood there in the midst of the melee in the blaring music, the entire two years were flashing in front of my eyes. There was a wistful smile on my face which was just to stop the tears from rolling down because Mummyjee always told me 'Boys don't cry'. 15 days down the line I might not be even able to see some of my friends who had made my journey memorable.

I would miss getting up early in the morning to catch the 8 O'clock class.
I would miss running around the hostel asking my friends to help me with Finance.
I would miss doing my friends' assignments.
I would miss opening my books hardly 4 hours before the exams.
I would miss playing Counter Strike till the early dawn.
I would miss vehemently defending that King Khan is India's Biggest Superstar ever.
I would miss placing bets with everyone that Manchester United would win every match.
I would miss trying to put my friends' proxy attendance.
I would miss....................................................

The list is endless and I would need another two years to put on record all the things I would be missing.

I never thought that life would be so meherbaan on me to grant me such beautiful friends about whom I had already written in detail. Had it not been for my friends, these two years would have been a living hell for me.

I would like to thank my God for blessing and guiding me in these two years. I would like to thanks my family for standing by me and supporting me and loving me unconditionally.

If ever at any point of time in my life, I feel down or low and I would simply close my eyes and think of the beautiful time that I spent in my MBA college as the pleasant memories of this college would wipe away all my unpleasant ones.

I would like to thank my Parents in particular for making me walk on a path of roses all through my life, for giving me everything I ever thought of, for never ever telling me NO for anything, for loving me always. I am because you are otherwise I am nobody.

I would like to thank my faculty for imbibing in me the practical values of life and teaching me everything that I did not know and everything that is required to be known in this dog-eat-dog world.

I would like to thank my beautiful bunch of friends for just being with me through every crest and trough that we together underwent in our two years of MBA. I would be missing you all a lot !!!

Finally, I would like to thank my juniors for throwing such a wonderful farewell party which gave us an opportunity to carry some memories for a lifetime.

5 comments:

Somnathbalani said...

we are lucky to have seniors like you

Mukul said...

It's simply amazing NEO-SRK..i also feel nostalgic(w.r.t IBS family).
GOD bless all...

Unknown said...

very well said...even i wud miss my frends n college as well...i feel like as if i ve just started wid MBA...how these 2 yrs ve passed..i really cant xplain...its all due to my frends...love u all...mama SRK zindabad...but Amir is better...hahahhah

Mindrockpagessreal.athmaram said...

its bringing out sum emotions.....u hve written our feelings nd welll sve this post to read our feelings.....

sam_maxbladerunner said...

nicely written....bt still amir is b8r and AB z d biggest star ever...only person whose sickness united whole of India(ha ha ha)...