Monday, March 8, 2010

Yes Mom, Angels DO Exist !!!



Its almost been two months ever since I had posted anything on my blog. I am currently penning down a novel titled 'TROIKA', it takes away a major chunk of my time so not much time left to post on my blog. Today I somehow managed to squeeze in this post.

So today after I completed the sixth draft of my novel, I made up my mind to post something on my blog and the first thing that came to my mind was Angel.

I grew up listening to fables of fairies and angels which my mother often told me during my childhood and most of the stories were innovative creations of her own. Perhaps the ability to tell stories was germinated in me by my mother.

My favourite fables were the ones which had angels in them and my mom made sure that almost all the stories which she narrated to me had angels in them. My first perception of an angel was the one who was almost perfect, the one who could do no wrong, the one who would go out of the way to help us, the one who makes us laugh and even lends a shoulder to cry on, the one who becomes a reinforcing force behind us or maybe the one who brings an altogether a new meaning of life.

'Pari Ki Kahani' was the name of my bed time fables. When my mom used to go away after narrating the fable to me, I would sub conciously end up thinking about angels. I thought that if angels actually existed, then why didn't I have one? If I had an angel with me then why my friend gets higher marks than me??? Why do I fall down and hurt myself???

As I began to grow, I realised that angels existed only in the fables of my mom and not in real life. Slowly I became disinterested in the fables about angels. But was I right??? Did angels actually not exist or did they exist and I am not able to identify my angel???

Well...there could be many ifs and buts, but the fact remained that I had conciled myself to the fact that angels are a work of feasible fiction. But as they say, you realize many things only in the face of adversity.

I am extremely proud and thankful to my parents for having given birth to me with a golden spoon. Hardships were alien to me in my upbringing. But as life progressed with its unmatchable and unfathomable speed, the situations around me conspired in such a way that I had to leave my sweet home and come to an alien city...

Everything about the city was alien. The people, culture, traffic sense, traffic police etc were absolutely alien. I started my journey in this city on a rocky terrain. The road was exciting but bumpy, adventurous but dangerous. So the only option I had was to tread the road steadily and safely.

Then through the journey I met many people and they became a part and parcel of my journey. From amongst those people, there was this someone who kept pace with me throughout my ups and downs. Pushed me when I slowed down, encouraged me to fly when I was running, steadfastly behind me in case I faltered. My myopic view did not allow me to differentiate much between this somene and hoards of others around me.

My time in the alien city just flew by even before I could decipher all the nitty gritties involved in the journey. In the end when everything began settling down and when the roller coaster ride was coming to a dreadful halt, I began to realize that I was not alone throughout my journey. There was some paranormal someone that held me, guided me and waded me through the umpteen rigours during the eventful ride. But I was still at a loss to figure out who that someone was???

I virtually tried removing everybody involved with me one by one from my life and see whether their absence would have made any difference to my time spent in the alien city??? I went on with the trial and error method and finally stumbled upon that someone. The moment I took that someone out of my life, I began experiencing a vacuum and the moment I placed that someone back in my life, my journey in the alien city appeared complete. BINGO!!! I had found that someone...

But then I started to ponder who this someone actually was. At that very point of time my grey matter went into a flashback and mummy's 'Pariyon Ki Kahani' started playing in my mind. Was that someone an angel???

The more I pondered, the more concrete the reason started to become and finally I concluded that it was an Angel who had actually helped me tide through the various crests and troughs during the time spent in the alien city.

Finally I made an 'in-heart' confession to my mom by accepting that 'Yes Mom, Angels DO Exist!!!' and I was lucky to have one.

Finally I gathered courage to go and tell that Angel a big THANK YOU. But before I could realize, that angel flew away without ever asking anything in return...

I am sure everybody might have had angels in their lives at some point of time or other and I am also sure that none of them had an angel akin to mine !!! (I am sure everybody feels that way)

P.S: The above write up is a classic example of 'Fictional Facts'

6 comments:

nishinsideout said...

Gud piece of writing..My inquisitiveness towards the topic made me peep through the ending lines first to track the name of your angel.But..:(.
But I do agree that angels do exist in every1's lyf n each 1 is unique and different from other.
All d best for TROIKA..!!

M.Azmath Khan said...

Very well written Muqtadir,..I do agree that angels do exist...it is our perception that whom we give this title to....it could be the most important person in once life, that made you, what you are....for me My angel is my "MOTHER", actually when you closely analyse the qualities of an angel which you mentioned in your blog, it resembles a Mother.....,and I think we should Thank our Mothers...for being our Angels....!!

Mohammed M.M. Ahmed said...

Azmath Mama

Thanks for your comment....I feel Parents (both father and mother)occupy the space in between God and Angels......

They are more than Angels and lesser than God himself....

Parents are incomparable with any other thing that God has created. Parents occupy the highest place imaginable by mankind and they are certainly above Angels.....

Unknown said...

whoa...what a post!!! your mom (mummyjee as you call her) must be having dizzying creativity which rubbed off on you. i can make out by reading ur blogs and parts of troika.

so should i congratulate you or your mom?

Rahul said...

read it twice and afterwards started searching for an angel in my life too. brilliant work, keep writing.

Saanjh said...

in one word: brilliant

in two words: keep writing

in three words: all the best

in four words: who is the angel?