Sunday, March 8, 2009

Book Review: Love Story by Erich Segal



I was given this book by a friend of mine asking me to review it. So I thought I would write the review on my blog too. Actually I had heard a lot about this book but could never lay my hands on it. I also knew that some parts of King Khan's blockbuster movie 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' was inspired by this book. So I expected this to be one helluva kinda book.

The book starts off with Oliver Barrett describing that his wife Jennifer Cavilleri is dead and then goes into the flashback mode. The plot starts off well keeping you hooked to the book. The ending is equally absorbing and stays with you.

The main problem lies in the middle of the book. Since this novel is mostly verbose, so some readers might quickly lose interest in the proceedings as they all revolve around these two individuals and their interactions.

The novel is peppered by many characters, but only Phil and Oliver III register an impact.

All in all, this novel can be read if you have ample time to spend. Otherwise it can safely be left on the shelf in favour of other novels like 'The Alchemist' or 'Married but Available'.

Overall Rating:- 2.5/5

4 comments:

Saanjh Mehta said...

I have read this book and found it ok

yamini said...

good work...keep on giving book reviews...u r expanding the horizons of your blog...

triplem said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

as far i have read enrich segal 3 years ago he write on same pattern every time it seems. good work this will nourish your horizon also