Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SILLY 6



After much deliberation I finally gathered the courage to watch Delhi 6. And how the movie was????? Well you could have got an idea after reading the heading of this post.

'From the makers of Rang De Basanti' was what the posters of Delhi 6 were shouting. Though I had not watched Rang De Basanti, but I knew that it was a hit. I had seen this director's first movie Aks and had liked it. So I thought of watching Delhi 6 and what was the result??? AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF THREE HOURS

The movie began on a boring note but I was thinking that it might gather steam at some point of time and was eternally waiting......But the movie never gathered steam. The Kala Bandar fracas was an absolute nonsense. India is marching into the glories of development and I don't know if people would actually draw battle lines over a trivial issue like the belief of the Kala Bandar???? How disgusting, but this is what the entire climax is all about or I guess the whole movie is all about.

I watched this movie just because I wanted to stay awake till the time the football match between Manchester United and Inter Milan starts, but I was actually fighting a war with myself to stay awake watching this movie.

Now lets face a bitter truth. Abhishek was the weakest link of the movie. He might be a good actor, but he definitely is not a STAR. And you need a STAR to pull off offbeat films like these. Just like King Khan managed to do in Chak De India.

Well.....Does the film have any positives????? Yeah it has. A.R Rehman's music, the supporting cast and Sonam Kapoor. You never question or rate A.R Rehman's music because you SHOULD like it. If you don't like A.R Rehman's music, then you better get your ears checked. Come on he is an Oscar Winner after all.

Sonam Kapoor could have been the saving grace of the movie but was under utilized. She has the charm that instantly catches your attention.

The remaining cast was awesome with Vijay Raaz and Divya Dutta standing out.

Don't waste your time on this one as there are better things to do in three precious hours.

2 comments:

Pranava said...

Hatke review

Sandeep said...

The movie was ok