Sunday, January 11, 2009

Roomie's Hinglish 'TADKA'



1) IRONY OF THE SITUATION
2) I DON'T HAVE THE 'SLIGHTEST' IDEA
3) WHAT THE F@#$ IS THAT?
4) SAPNE ME MILTI HAI
5) BIJLEE


Well.... Now what exactly does the above phrases mean?????

These are the Hinglish 'TADKA' used by my roomie- Harshit Agarwal (Sec F). Usually in our hostel we talk in Hindi rather than in English coz we would be more comfortable in our mother tongue. But my roomie is different. His continous flow of Hindi is interrupted by some 'out of the blue' TADKA. And mind you these TADKAs are so hilarious that I am left in splits most of the time. Now I will tell the situations of the above TADKAS in detail.

1) Well the first TADKA didn't happen with me. It was something that his previous classmates told me (prior to him joining MBA). He was doing his engineering final year in MSRIT- Bangalore.

Two of his friends were talking about their salaries after having got placed. One of them was placed at 6.5 lakhs package and the other was placed at 4.5 lakhs package, but the latter had got an appraisal of 1 lakhs. So the former was telling him that you are consistently getting appraisals and all that stuff in a lighter vein. And all the conversation was purely in Hindi. And Harshit who was not talking till then suddenly sprang up and told the guy with the higher package, 'See the IRONY OF THE SITUATION, whoz talking?' And his friends were stunned to silence, thinking that what had suddenly happened to Harshit and how did English spring into the conversation.

2) The second TADKA was in our hostel. I had kept my nail cutter in my room and had forgotten where I had kept it. So I asked him in Hindi, as to whether he had seen the nail cutter. And to my surprise, the person who seldom talk in English replied with 'I don't have the slightest idea about the nail cutter.', leaving me dumb-founded.

3) The third TADKA was when one of our hostel mates had come to our room. There was a water bottle kept on our table and by mistake his hand fell on that bottle and that bottle fell down. In a split second, Harshit shouted out 'What the F@#$ is that?'. Initially, that guy got frightened but then Harshit broke out laughing and the other Guy understood that Harshit was joking. Otherwise I would bet that, that person would have profusely apologized to Harshit.

4) The forth TADKA was again in our hostel room. I was studying and Harshit was doing his assignment. For a change the ambience of our room was very studious. And suddenly Harshit turned around and starting singing the song 'Sapnon mein milti hai', almost frightening me. And later on he asked, 'Arre Ahmed kaunsi film ka gaan hai yeh?' And believe me, I almost had a stomach ache breaking out laughing at the way he sang the song. Now Harshit is officially the WORLD'S BEST BATHROOM SINGER. Hehehe!!!

5) The fifth TADKA is BIJLEE. We were watching the song 'Yeh jo desh hai tera' from the film Swades and in the song there is a scene when King Khan runs the power generation machine and in a run down hut the bulb light. And there is a very old women looking at that lighted bulb and saying 'BIJLEE'. And HArshit almost imitated her in the same manner and tome as that old lady had spoken in the movie. And I still tease him by calling him BIJLEE. And even on his birthday, we had written on his cake,
'HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIJLEE'

Well my roomie is an awesome guy and the room no:- 301(where we reside) in our hostel is always like a house on fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know him but i think he is gay